Welcome to TRURO BUILDING SERVICES. We take on building work across Cornwall, from new builds and extensions through to renovation and property maintenance. We are highly skilled and experienced, delivering high quality and great value projects for home owners, businesses and public organisations.
I’m Andy Mitchell, founder of Truro Building Services. We take great pride in our work and reputation, with most new projects coming from client referrals. Our Building Confidence promise describes our values and how we work, providing key assurances that set us apart from other builders. We simply aim to delight our clients. Whatever your building requirement, trust us to do it right first time and make it a stress-free, enjoyable experience. Please call, email or fill out the contact form below to arrange free and friendly advice and a fixed-price quotation or estimate.
Some of our expertise and specialist skills are highlighted below. We have the capability to undertake all types of building work. We also have close relationships with trusted trade partners such as electricians, plumbers, cabinet makers, carpet layers and specialist equipment suppliers, so are able to provide a full end-to-end project service.
New Build, Conversion & Extensions
A new build, conversion or extension is a significant investment. We regard such projects as a partnership with our client. Our involvement in large builds can vary, we can be engaged to complete elementary build tasks, from laying foundations to roof construction, or we can take full project ownership of a major build, right up to you moving in.
As an approved contractor to Cornwall Council’s Care & Repair scheme, we are specialists in modifying buildings to help older people and those with disabilities. Whether private or grant assisted, our solutions include levelling thresholds, widening and automating doors, installing ramps, creating wheelchair-friendly bathrooms and fitting through-floor and step lifts.
Kitchens & Bathrooms
A new kitchen or bathroom is a valuable home improvement, but can also be a complicated project. We are expert kitchen and bathroom installers, including all plumbing and electrical work, cabinet fitting, tiling and flooring. From re-grouting tiles to a complete refit, we can help create your dream home and add maximum value to your house.
Roofing & Weatherproofing
Cornwall can experience extreme weather, so it’s important buildings are watertight and windproof to avoid damp and structural problems. It starts with a sound roof. We can construct and replace the most complex roofs. We also cost-effectively repair damaged tiles, flat roofs, lead flashing and valleys, gutters, render, fascia boards and window frames, we also fit bird deterrents.
Property Maintenance & Improvement
Whether a public building, business premises, period or modern home, we have the skills and craft to renovate, convert, renew and repair to the highest standard across all building disciplines including underpinning, damp-proofing, drainage, masonry, rendering, plastering, tiling, flooring, joinery/carpentry, windows, doors, painting and decorating, etc.
Here is a sample of our work. Our revamped website is very new and we are currently collecting photos from previous and current projects and will upload them soon! Click on any image to see a brief project summary and a slideshow of photos.
Extension & Remodel, Mylor.
Extension and complete internal refit of a house. The extension required extensive earthworks and a tanked retaining wall. Site access was extremely limited so a mini-digger was used and accessed the site though a window. The house was fully refurbished, including the addition of a dormer window.
Modern Kitchen, Perranwell.
This contemporary kitchen has cream glossy units and black granite worktops, with a useful island unit.
House Refurbishment, Truro.
A complete refurbishment including new value kitchen and conversion of a covered walkway between the garage and kitchen into a new utility room and downstairs toilet. The house was updated and decorated throughout, rewired to bring it up to current regulations and a new energy-efficient boiler relocated from the kitchen to utility area.
Wet Bathroom, Truro.
This tired bathroom was replaced with a modern suite with electric underfoot heating and walk-in shower / wet area. The shower is fully tanked so does not require a tray and together with the frameless glass panel maximises the space in this small bathroom.
Restoration, Truro City Hall.
Repairs to old City Hall in Truro. Our builders can sympathetically restore period buildings and features using both modern techniques and original craftsmanship as the job requires.
Roof Replacement, near Truro.
Complete replacement of a complex roof near Truro. The project included rebuilding of chimneys, extensive lead-work and lead valleys, dormer sections, fitting of VELUX windows and renewal of fascias and guttering.
Finding a builder you can trust to do a good job at a reasonable price with minimum disruption can be difficult. Our Building Confidence promise sets out our values and the way we work. We follow these seven commitments at all times and encourage our clients to hold us to them:
- Client Driven. We aim to build a strong relationship with our client throughout the engagement. We listen carefully to requirements, provide sound advice, consult at every key stage of the build and adapt if necessary to ensure the client is delighted with end-product.
- Quality Workmanship. We employ only talented people, use high quality materials and work to relevant standards and regulations. Our clients can be sure that our work will be right first time and completed to an excellent standard, even when budget is a priority.
- Attention to Detail. We pay close attention to the small things on a build, to ensure our client gets exactly what they want, in the place that want it, to the finish they desire. We will consult with our client if a requirement is not possible or practical to find an acceptable solution.
- Polite and Punctual. We treat our clients with respect, ensuring we are onsite when we say we are and when onsite are courteous, approachable and communicative.
- Safe, Clean & Tidy. We try to minimise disruption whilst we are onsite and always work with the health and safety of our clients and employees in mind. We always leave the site as clean and tidy as possible before we finish for the day.
- Fair & Fixed Pricing. We will whenever possible, provide competitive fixed-price quotations to assume some of the financial risk of the build. If the client wishes, or if the requirement is not sufficiently defined at the outset, we can contract on a time and materials basis, providing open and fair cost estimates at competitive rates.
- Guaranteed Results. We ensure each stage of a build is approved by our client. Any final touches and snags will be dealt with before final sign-off. We will happily come back to site to fix any problems should they arise after the project is completed.
You can call us on 01872 240160, email us at email@example.com or use the form below to send us a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Trading/Correspondence Address: Edhen House, 2 Hamilton Close, Truro, Cornwall. TR1 3FW
Company Number: 07047899 (England & Wales)
Company Registered Address: 25 Lemon Street, Truro, Cornwall. TR1 2LS
VAT Registration Number: 921 3748 31